This past weekend, I attended a baby shower for my soon-to-be new baby cousin. That was the second baby shower this month. I can’t even count how many baby showers I have been to this past year… I do love baby showers and all the excitement a new baby brings but buying the same baby shower gifts over and over again gets a bit boring. For this baby shower, I decided to skip the baby registry and come up with my own baby shower gifts.
I headed to the baby section of Target and started grabbing the must have essentials that every new mom seems to forget to add to their baby registry or simply doesn’t know about. Here is what my shopping list looked like:
Baby Shower Gifts
- Caldesene Powder – This powder was introduced to me by my mother when my first son was born. He had such sensitive skin and this powder helped many of his issues, including heat rash!
- Boudreaux’s Maximum Strength Butt Paste – Prior to having my boys, I used to be a nanny. One of the families I worked for used Butt Paste on their twin babies. By far the best diaper rash cream I have ever come across!
- Baby nail clippers – I was sure someone else had already gotten nail clippers but these things are easily misplaced and I always had three or four pairs around the house! I personally like the Safety First brand.
- Baby Q-Tips – Q-tips are something that you never think about until you need one. I bought baby Q-Tips that came in an adorable little box that could be refilled as needed.
- Pedialyte Powder Packs – Pedialyte is another item that you never think about until you need it. If you do need Pedialyte, it’s because your little one is sick and who wants to run to the store with a sick baby?
- Infant Motrin – Again, who wants to run to the store with a sick baby?
Aside from these essential baby shower gifts, I also bought the baby some onesies, a fleece sleep sack, socks, washcloths, baby wipes, diapers, and the perfect box to put everything in. Of course, presentation is pretty important so I decided to make some diaper babies to go along with all my baby shower gifts.
DIY Diaper Babies
I’ve made diaper cakes in the past but this was my first time making diaper babies. These adorable little babies were so easy to put together. All you need is diapers (I used size 1), rubber bands, baby washcloths, and baby socks. First, simply roll a diaper up and place a rubber band around it.
Cover one end of the diaper with a baby sock. This will be your diaper baby’s hat. Next, swaddle your diaper baby in a washcloth, just as you would a receiving blanket. You can add a pin to hold the washcloth in place, if need be, but I had no problem tucking the washcloth behind my baby.
Finally, draw on little eyes with a permanent marker. I drew some of babies with closed eyes and some with opened eyes. I placed as many diapers as I could into the bottom of the box. On top of the diapers, I added the onesies and sleep sack. I then placed all of the other baby shower gifts on top of the clothes, and lined the diaper babies along the front of the box. Whatever I couldn’t fit into the box was placed into a gift bag, along with the card. Everyone absolutely loved these diaper babies and I’m sure I will definitely be making them again!